This Made Me Smile :: Monday :: Collecting Things

Monday, December 30, 2013

IMG_9191

Collecting things is not a hobby for me, but every once in a while I notice that I happen to have a plethora of little things all collected in one spot. 
Like C.S. Lewis books, or nail polish, or little pieces of paper with notes to myself written on them, or notebooks (one can never have too many notebooks), or dust under my dresser, or chord sheets for songs I can play on the piano. 
I don't really think about collecting those things (especially the dust), but those just happen to happen. 
But I happend to notice today the small collection of slightly-vintage looking cameras that I have. 
They may not seem like anything too special, but they fascinate me. 
Because I like (and always have ) things from the past. 
A piece of history. 
Although I wouldn't say that these cameras are that old, or (for that matter) that cool, I do value my little collection.
(NOTE: I have also started shooting in film just a bit (with the film camera on the left in the picture) it is loads of fun and I look forward to learning more. )

The end. 

Happy Monday! 

~Mackenzie Hope~ 



4 comments:

  1. This looks like a picture that would be in the cookbook you gave me. It makes me want to cry.
    And smile lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you looked through the book How To Be An Explorer Of The World by Keri Smith? I just got a copy of it and haven't read it all, but parts of it are about the idea of collecting things; stories, items, ideas. This post kind of reminded me of that :) I love your film camera collection! (Wish I had a film camera ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little collection.....it's hard for me to pass one up when I see them in antique malls, so I have a tiny collection too. :-) Can I see your film sometime? Shooting with film again is on my list of things to do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that polaroid is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments makes my day every time!

09 10