This Made Me Smile::Monday::Introducing Hope

Monday, July 8, 2013

IMG_8550-2
When my oldest sister was 17 she put up and electric fence, bought a couple hundred bales of hay, and brought her first horse home to stay. 
It had been dream of hers for years. 
I think it had been a dream of all of ours. 
Anyway, my older sister kept that horse for years. She spent countless hours training it, feeding it, showing it, and even preparing for the baby that that horse was going to have. 
Meanwhile she learned all she could about horse training. 
She went to college for it, and she practiced.
She got better and better.
Until it could be said that she was a real-live horse trainer.
Well, eventually things changed and she had to leave to go to college in another state. 
The horses had to leave too. 
It has been about 3 years now that our pasture has not had a horse on it. 
We have had sheep.
And we have thought about cattle. 
But no horse. 
IMG_8485

Until the other day, when Hope came for a visit.
A horse.
A horse for our little overgrown pasture.
A horse with soft brown hair. 
A horse that is so short she just about qualifies as a pony. 
A horse for my sister to train.

We are all thrilled.
Especially my sister and I. 
She will be staying with us for a while (not forever, just long enough for my sister to get her in shape), and it is a pleasure to have her for a visit. 
IMG_8663 IMG_8444


Until later,
Mackenzie 

5 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweetie! Beautiful pictures and story too. The shadows in the first shot are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, you have no idea how much I love this. Having a horse is just about one of the biggest, life-long "wants" I've ever had. So so beautiful. I'm happy that you guys are able to have her, even for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. :) Your sister sounds very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that last still is darling!!! horses are such lovely creatures and your photos are too much. too much. :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments makes my day every time!

09 10